6 Cancer Causers at Home You Should Throw Away Immediately!
We all believe that our home is the safest place on the planet. However, this may not be true, since it may hide numerous dangers such as: nitrobenzene, formaldehyde and methylene chloride. These are all carcinogens that can be hidden in everyday gadgets made out of plastic, rubber or in dyes and even perfumes.
Here we offer you a list of some items that you have no idea that may be harmful for your health.
It is believed that the candle wicks are made out of lead wires. To be more precise, 40% of the scented candles that can be found on the market are made of these lead wicks. This happens because the fragrance oils usually soften the wax, so in order to make the wicks firmest, manufacturers often use lead. A candle that has a lead wick releases lead five times higher than the permissible amount of lead for children. With this the Environmental Protection Agency pollution standards for open air are also exceeded.
If your children are exposed to high amounts of lead it may cause many serious health problems such as: hormone disruption, learning disabilities, behavioral problems etc. If you don’t want to risk your health, we suggest using beeswax candles which are made out of cotton wicks.
Most of the air fresheners contain toxins and volatile organic compounds which are carcinogens. A research, which included 13 common house air fresheners, showed that most of the air fresheners contain chemicals which may cause asthma or even negatively affect reproductive development.
Other research confirmed that all the air fresheners which were studied release chemicals that are hazardous, toxic and can even cause cancer. Of course, none of these harmful chemicals were listed on the labels of the products. Replace these air-fresheners and use natural essential oils instead.
Many art supplies such as: rubber cement glues, permanent markers, acrylic paints and solvents are made out of chemicals which may cause different allergies, damages of organs and cancer. Children are especially susceptible to these toxins because their immune systems are still immature.
Many antiperspirants and deodorants contain some ingredients which cause virulent cancers. They stay on our skin for a longer period of time, so the skin easily absorbs all the harmful chemicals from it.
As unbelievable as it sounds – shampoos contain too many toxic chemicals. Although it is still not proven whether these chemicals may cause cancer or not, don’t put yourself and your family at risk and use natural homemade shampoos instead.
You may not know, but the plastic curtains in your bathroom release harmful chemicals called VOCs. These chemicals are not only released in your bathroom, but in the environment around it too. Preserve your health and be careful with all the above mentioned products.