Chickpeas, better than Meat?
Chickpeas is very rich in protein. Has a light brown color and it is like soya.
There are many ways for its preparation:
- can be used boiled,
- Ground as flour for making bread
- to eat fried.
This herb dates back 13 centuries and witness its wide application in the region of present-day Turkey.
It has spread also in the Balkans, where most are grown in Macedonia and Dalmatia.
Regarding the biochemical composition the chickpeas contains 23% protein, 58% carbohydrates and about 5% vegetable oils. It is rich in calcium, magnesium and copper. When it comes to iron, chickpeas beats the meat even when is cooked.
* 100 grams chickpeas contains 361 calories!
How to prepare a chickpeas cream?
Make it quick and easy this delicious and super healthy prayer!
- 250 g raw chickpeas
- 2-3 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste, home-prepared or purchased)
- 1 lemon
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt as preferred
- Soak the chickpeas in water and let it stay longer than 4 hours overnight.
- Strain it, then place it in a bowl and pour water on it to cover. Cook until the grains are completely softened (about 45 minutes).
- Place the strained and cooked chickpeas in a blender, add the juice of one lemon, garlic, tahini, olive oil and salt. Mash it good!
- In the basic version we suggest you add spices to your taste, cumin, “Alevis” pepper, chilli, parsley, etc.
Put thus prepared cream it in a jar and store it in the refrigerator.
Source at original: http://www.foodandhealthonline.com/chickpeas-better-than-meat/
Set featured image source: http://www.foodandhealthonline.com/chickpeas-better-than-meat/