Did You Heard About Licorice Root Benefits? Traditional Licorice Tea Recipe!
Licorice is a sweet red stick, actually, is the root of the licorice plant. It was used to treat hepatitis C, memory loss, indigestion, stomach ulcers, skin infections, toothache, asthma, fever, heartburn, bronchitis and coughs.
Here are the benefits!
- Anti- inflammatory and anti-stress effects- Licorice contains the compound called carbenoxolone. It helps by inhibiting a brain enzyme that helps make stress hormones, which contribute to age-related brain changes.
The phytoestrogenic and anti-oxidant action of licorice root is thought to be useful for hormonal problems, including exhaustion, mood swings, and hot flashes in women who are going through menopause. Ingesting just one capsule of licorice root daily can help balance and control a woman’s hormone production if she happens to be going through menopause.
- Fight infections- Studies have shown that glycyrrhizin helps damaged skin create bacteria- fighting proteins called antimicrobial peptides. That is an important defense against infection.
- Skin problems- Some people are using licorice to treat eczema, skin rashes, dry skin or psoriasis.
- Balance Blood Sugar Levels- Licorice contains cortisol, which can support blood sugar levels.
How to use Licorice root?
Here is one traditional licorice tea recipe
- ½ teaspoon of dried root,
- 800 ml of water.
First heat the water and then add the root. Mix them together about 10-15 minutes. Strain the liquid. The remedy is ready! Drink 1 or 2 times per day.