Get Rid of Cholesterol Deposits Around Your Eyes, Naturally!
Cholesterol spots or deposits that you can notice around your eyes are bumps of fat that develop underneath your skin, usually in the inner canthus of the upper eyelid. They are also known as xanthelasma.
People who have high cholesterol, cirrhosis or diabetes is at a higher risk of developing this problem. It’s also more common among people who are between 40 and 60 years old.
If the cause is high cholesterol in the blood, you need to take steps to reduce your cholesterol level.
Here are some solutions to solve this problem:
The best and most popular home treatment for xanthelasma is garlic.
The enzymes present in garlic help flatten the small, bumpy deposits. Garlic is also beneficial for reducing a high cholesterol level.
Slice up a garlic clove or crush a few garlic cloves to make a paste. Apply it on the affected area and cover with a gauze so the garlic doesn’t get into your eye. Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes, then wash it off with warm water. Repeat, once daily for a few days.
Also, you can eat 2 to 3 raw garlic cloves on an empty stomach daily. If you prefer to take a garlic supplement, always consult your doctor first.
NOTE: Do not use garlic on your skin for a longer duration as it may burn the skin. Avoid using it completely if you have sensitive skin.
To dissolve the cholesterol deposits around your eyes in a safe and natural manner, banana peels are very effective.
The peel has strong antioxidant properties and the enzymes in it help dissolve the bumpy deposits naturally.
- Cut out a small piece of a ripe banana peel.
- Carefully place the inside part of the peel over the cholesterol deposit.
- Use a bandage or tape to secure the peel and leave it on overnight.
- The next morning, remove the peel and wash the area with water.
- Repeat every night until the bump is no longer visible.
As almonds have the potential to reduce LDL cholesterol in the body, they are also effective in reducing cholesterol spots around your eyes.
- Add a little milk to 1 teaspoon of almond powder to form a paste. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to dry. With a wet finger, gently scrub off the paste. Repeat once daily.
- Also, daily soak 4 or 5 almonds in water at night and eat in the morning as a part of your breakfast.