How To Get Rid Of Negative Energy From Your Home?
Home is the place where you should feel safest and most secure. But when the home is full of negative energy, it has a tangible effect on your emotions as well as health.
You cannot see energy with the naked eye, but you can certainly feel it as the energy of your home often reflects your own inner emotional state.
It can demean your value, destroy your confidence, derail your dreams, diminish your imagination and dampen your abilities.
Sea salt is one of the options that can transmute negative energy from your home as well as within you. It is also believed that sea salt helps generate negative ions in the air, thus creating positive vibes.
- Add a few tablespoons of sea salt to a cup of warm water and stir it thoroughly until the salt dissolves. Put the solution in a spray bottle. Spray this solution in different corners of your home.
- Sprinkle some sea salt over the entire room, especially in the corners that face the northeast and southwest directions. Leave it overnight if possible, then vacuum up the salt. Discard the salt particles outside.
- To purify your body, put 1 cup of sea salt in a bathtub filled with warm water. Soak your body in this water for 15 to 20 minutes for a relaxing and purifying bath.
Also, smudging is one of the oldest and most effective ways to remove negative energy from your home. This age-old tradition is very popular among Native American people.
For smudging, the most popular herb is sage. When burned, sage releases large amounts of negatively-charged ions in the air, which neutralize the positive charge in the air.
Negative ions also help improve your sense of well being and mental clarity. Plus, the aroma of sage is simply relaxing and soothing.
Sage sticks are readily available in the market. You can even make your own sage bundle at home. Take some sage sprigs and dry them out in the sun.
Once dry, tightly bind the sprigs together with a string or twine. Your homemade sage smudge stick is ready for use.
- Before starting the process, you need to clean your house and open all the doors and windows as well as cupboards and drawers.
- To smudge, light a rolled stick of sage placed in a fireproof container to catch ash and embers.
- Fan the sage delicately with a feather or your hand.
- Start off by cleansing yourself by lightly fanning the smoke into your body from the feet up to your head.
- Walk slowly around your home, swirling it in circular motions, concentrating on the walls, corners, floor as well as the ceiling. Keep yourself on the left side of the rooms all along.
- Say positive affirmations during the process to promote positivity.
- Finally, get the burning sage out of your house and put it in an open area to burn off.
Apart from sage, cedar, lavender, pine and other sweet-smelling herbs and plants can be used for smudging.