This Is What Happens To Your Body When You Drink Coconut Water On A Daily Basis!
Coconut water is great for our health. It has many benefits that have been used in the tropical regions for very long.
This extremely healthy drink is abundant in vitamin C, antioxidants, amino acids, enzymes, B-complex vitamins, and minerals like zinc, manganese, iron, calcium and magnesium. On the plus side it is also low in calories and it has delicious and refreshing taste.
For best effects, choose fresh and pure coconut water instead of the bottled options.
There are numerous health benefits from consuming this drink regularly including:
- Treats Headaches– Coconut water provides a lot of electrolytes and hydrates the body because dehydratation is a common reason for headaches. Also coconut water is rich with magnesium, which is very important because lack of magnesium often results in migraines.
- Regulates Blood Sugar– The high level of amino acids and dietary fiber in the coconut water regulates the blood sugar and enhances the insulin sensitivity. It also improves circulation and treats various symptoms, like numbness, and also decreases the risk of atherosclerosis.
- Lowers Blood Pressure– Due to its magnesium, vitamin C, and potassium content, this drink regulates blood pressure. You should consume a cup of coconut water twice a day to lower high blood pressure. Always use fresh coconut water, as the bottles versions are higher in sodium.
- Rehydrates the Body – This beverage is excellent for dealing with thirst, especially in the summer. It is rich in electrolytes, so it hydrates the body and prevents fluid loss in cases of diarrhea, vomiting, and excessive sweating. It also provides lots of energy, as it is rich in carbohydrates.
- Acts as Natural Diuretic– Coconut water promotes the production and flow of urine, and thus detoxifies the system, and prevents urinary tract infections. Potassium alkalizes the urine and dissolves kidney stones, if present. You can also add some sea salt to it and drink it once or twice a day, for best effects. Its powerful antibacterial properties prevent and treat bladder infections. However, you should avoid coconut water if you have high potassium levels, or if you suffer from some kidney disorders.
- Supports heart health– Coconut water is fat and cholesterol free, so it supports heart health, and helps to reduce the low – density lipoprotein, called “bad” cholesterol or the LDL, and to raise the high-density lipoprotein, or “good “cholesterol or the HDL levels, so it significantly lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Promotes Weight Loss – Coconut water is excellent for weight loss, as it is low in calories, and is great for digestion. It also involves many bioactive enzymes, which help digestion and boost the metabolism of fats. It is also abundant in potassium which aids the sodium balance, and the excessive amounts of sodium lead to water retention.To lose excess pounds, you should consume an 8-ounce cup of coconut water 3-4 times per week. Do not drink it in excessive amounts, as it may provide opposite effects, and provide more calories.
- Relieves Hangovers– This drink is an excellent remedy for hangovers. Alcohol dehydrates the body and it leads to morning sickness and nausea. Coconut water is high in electrolytes and hydrates the body, so it provides great relief. Moreover, it has strong oxidative properties and prevents oxidative stress due to excessive alcohol consumption. In the morning, prepare yourself a smoothie with two glasses of unsweetened coconut water and ripe mangoes, 2 fresh mints, half a glass of ice and 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Decelerates the Aging Process– Cytokines in this water have potent anti-aging effects on tissues and cells, so it prevents age-related illnesses, as well as degenerative diseases. Also, coconut water hydrates and nourishes the skin, and makes it soft and smooth. You should mix a cup of this drink and 2 teaspoons of sandalwood powder to make a paste. Apply this paste on the skin, leave it to dry, and rinse it off with water. This will rejuvenate the skin and promote its health.
- Balances pH Levels– Acidic pH levels lead to reduced energy, fatigue, and inability for the body to absorb the needed minerals and vitamins. The coconut water alkalizes the body and restores the pH balance.
Despite all of these benefits of coconut water it should be noted that this drink is not recommended if you have nut allergies. It can also cause stomach bloating and mild stomach upset. In the case of kidneys dysfunction, patients should consult their doctor before the consumption of coconut water. Because of its effect on the blood pressure, drinking coconut water is not recommended at least 2 weeks before or after surgery.