Homemade Remedies To Get Rid Of Perioral Dermatitis!
Perioral dermatitis, also known as periorificial dermatitis, is a type of inflammatory rash that appears on the facial skin around the mouth.
Experts believe that it may appear after topical steroid creams are applied to the face to treat other conditions. Moreover, nasal sprays containing corticosteroids as well as heavy skin creams that contain petrolatum or a paraffin base may cause this problem.
Some other factors that may trigger this skin condition include bacterial or fungal infections, rosacea, constant drooling, use of fluoridated toothpaste, oral contraceptives, and sunscreen.
The most common symptom is a rash of red bumps around the mouth and in the folds around the nose. The bumps may be scaly in appearance and may contain pus or fluids. They sometimes resemble acne. There may also be a burning sensation or itching, especially as the rash worsens.
Plain yogurt, with no sugar or artificial sweeteners, can also be used to soothe the symptoms of perioral dermatitis. Being rich in good bacteria, it works as a powerful antibacterial agent that helps eliminate bad bacteria on the skin.
It has soothing and cooling properties that help calm inflammation, redness and pain.
- Simply appy a layer of Greek yogurt on your skin and let it dry. Then, rinse it off using cool water. Do it 2 or 3 times a day for a few weeks.
- Alternatively, add 1 teaspoon of Manuka honey to 2 tablespoons of yogurt and mix well. Apply it on the affected area, wait 15 minutes and then rinse it off with water. Do it twice daily for a few weeks.
- Also, include yogurt with live and active cultures in your regular diet to help your immune system fight microbes.
Honey can really help fight skin inflammation associated with problems like perioral dermatitis. It also has potent antibacterial and antiseptic qualities, making it even more effective in reducing symptoms like inflammation and itchiness.
- Apply Manuka honey on the affected area.
- Allow it to dry, then rinse it off using lukewarm water.
- Repeat twice daily.