How To Make A Natural Garlic Spray For Getting Rid Of Fleas
We know you all love your pets. You want the great for them, and that includes keeping them free of fleas. All fine and good, but what you might be doing by buying commercial tick and flea products, is poisoning your pet.
The reason for that is as plain to see as day: such products are filled with toxic chemicals which may trigger adversative reactions in your furry friends, especially in cats and dogs. This, in some cases, can even lead to premature death.
That’s why it’s so important to look for alternatives to these pest control products, ones that, while getting rid of the flea problem, won’t cause any damage to their ex-host.
This report proved the connection between the chemicals found in these specific products and the hazards to health in not just animals, but humans too.
There isn’t a single tick and flea product out there on the market which isn’t chemical-based. And these pest control products have some serious potential side effects.
Most of well-known and bought pest control products out there are the Advantage™ and Frontline®, which are of the so-called “spot-on” variety. There are plenty of dangerous active ingredients contained in these solutions.
Such ingredients are methoprene, imidacloprid, pyriproxyfen, permethrin, and fipronil. All of these have caused serious damage to the health of animals in labs.
But what’s even scarier is that even a number of the inert ingredients can pose a danger to your companion’s health.
Back in 2008, the Environmental Protection Agency had received over 44.000 complaints which had to do with “adversative reactions” which ranged from a mere skin irritation to seizures or to something far more serious – namely, death.
Since then, the Environmental Protection Agency has been trying its best to pursue a series of actions so that it can increase the safety levels of these “spot-on” products.
What is The Natural Alternative to These Pesticide Products?
The answer is plain and simple: garlic spray. Why specifically garlic? It’s because it has been proven time and time again to be an excellent flea killer. Not to mention the many other health benefits to using garlic.
Here are just a few of the best ones:
- Antifungal properties
- Antiviral properties
- Antiparasitic properties
- Natural immunity booster
- Prevents and kills fleas
Here’s How to Make Your Very Own DIY Garlic Spray Against Fleas
- Before we give you the recipe, one word of advice: it’s much better to use the raw organic garlic because it is packed with medicinal qualities.
What you need:
- -1 bulb raw garlic (organic)
- -1 onion (preferably small)
- -1 lemon
- -1 quart water
- -5 drops of citronella essential oil or peppermint essential oil
How to prepare and use
- Simply chop all of the ingredients to a fine detail then put them in a blender with the water. Make sure to blend it well and then strain it. Also, before each use.
- Now that you’ve made your natural pesticide spray, cover the fur of your furry companion by spraying on a light layer until the coat is damp. Then simply brush through it. Caution! Avoid spraying near your pet’s eyes.
- This spray is also useful in the garden. All you need to do is spray it on your plants a few times a week for best results.