THE MOST POWERFUL HERB THAT DESTROYS STOMACH ACHES, DIARRHEA, ARTHRITIS, SORE THROAT, FLU VIRUS..
Multiple studies show that thyme essential oil and thymol, its active compound, contain potent antiseptic properties. As a matter of fact, most antiseptic wipes and mouth washes contain thymol in their chemical structure.
Interestingly, a recent research suggests that thyme essential oil even has the ability to reduce pain. This shouldn’t come as surprise, though, as many traditional medicines have used thyme and other essential oils to alleviate pain.
STUDY FINDS THYME OIL BEATS OUT IBUPROFEN FOR PAIN RELIEF
A team of researchers from Iran`s Babol University of Medical Sciences has verified that not only thyme works as potent pain-reliever, but also alleviates pain of heavy menstruation even better compared to Ibuprofen.
The study involved 84 women university students with difficult menstruation. They were aged 15-24 years and were all suffering from dysmenorrhea. This condition is manifested by painful cramping which may be or not accompanied with symptoms like dizziness, headache, nausea, or back pain. On the other hand, secondary dysmenorrhea means that the pain stems from another condition.
The researchers also noted that the definition of primary dysmenorrheal which appears within 2 years of the beginning of menarche and is not associated with pain during the other parts of the cycle. This makes sense, as painful menses is more common in younger women within their first years of the beginning of menses.
OTHER HEALTH BENEFITS OF THYME OIL
Antiseptic: It is a great antiseptic that protects sores and wounds from infections. Its antiseptic benefits are attributed to the presence of like Caryophyllene and Camphene.
Tonic: It tones up the heart, digestive system, nervous system, circulatory system, muscles, and the skin.
Hypertensive: This is beneficial for individuals suffering from low blood pressure. These people are at higher risk of feeling sluggish and falling unconscious. Thyme keeps their blood pressure balanced by raising it naturally.
Antirheumatic: Thyme essential oil solves obstructed circulation and accumulation of uric acid in the blood, both of which cause rheumatism, gout, and arthritis. Being a diuretic, it facilitates the elimination of toxic matter. Being a stimulant, it increases circulation and solves this problem in a separate way.
- Being a diuretic, thyme is beneficial in the treatment of infections of the bladder and the urinary tract
- Used to kill off nail fungus
- Used to kill off parasites
- Also used as insect repellent
- Used for vaginitis and candida
- It is found in natural hand sanitizers
- Diluted oil or crushed thyme can be used as first aid on insect stings and bites
- Adding thyme to hot compress relieves gout, sciatica, muscle pain, rheumatic pain, sprains, and sports injuries
- Apply undiluted thyme essential oil on athlete`s foot, animal bites, and boils. Make sure you protect the skin with some cream
- Use 1% solution as antibacterial wash for produce
- Massage thyme essential oil to stimulate menstruation or missing periods
- Use it as hair tonic, a face wash, or a treatment of warts and acne
- Regular consumption of thyme has been found to increased the amount of DHA in heart, kidney, and brain cell membranes
- Thymol, the active compound in thyme oil, has been shown to facilitate healing by increasing blood flow to the skin
- Thymol protects the healthy fats in cell membranes
- Stir in thyme with lavender, cedarwood, and rosemary in a mixture of grapeseed and jojoba oils to treat alopecia areata
- It blends well with lemon, lavender, pine, bergamot, and grapefruit